10 January 2011

Oh What Do You Do in the Winter Time When You're Stuck at Home?

Hang curtains!  It's amazing what they do for a room.  I'm still looking for the right sheets for the 4 windows in our bedroom.

I mentioned a bamboo pole I had here.  This is the reveal.

Before:



  Now:
Jamba likes the curtains too.

These curtains are a gorgeous off white silk.  I would call it candlelight.  My grandma had it in her shed full of fabric and sent it to my mom when we were designing my wedding dress.  It wasn't a true white so we couldn't use it for that but loved the fabric.  My mom made these curtains that hung in our really cool orange bedroom in Kentucky.  Our bedroom here has too many windows in it and I'm not spending that much money on matching silk panels so I've held on to them until this day.  I'm really excited to have them hanging again.  I still need to clear the weight bench out of the room and the mirror that I want to hang in the downstairs bathroom.  We talk about painting the walls, but I don't know what color.  I would like to put a little table or bench in there too.  But at least it looks better for now.




The support bracket hooks (I'm sure that's the technical term) are from Home Depot - free of rat poo and trash.  If you don't know what I'm referring to check out this post.  They're actually hooks for hanging towels or coats or whatever.  The bamboo came from right here in Georiga - some friends of ours cut it down out of their neighbor's backyard for me.  Pretty awesome! The stain (again from Home Depot) I bought for just a few dollars.  That's what I'm talkin' about.  :)

2 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

It looks great! I love the curtains...and the bed...and the bedding (but that's old news :) Glad you're finding projects to keep you busy in the snow!

Jenifer said...

The curtains look so good in that room. Like they were special made. :)