21 October 2008

One Down...

I got to give Michelle at work a baby shower. yeah! I posted the Halloween inspired invites earlier. Everything came down to today. I think it was a success! Here are a few pictures of the cute notes we put on the table with the food. I had my pumpkins and mummy on display and we had black, white, and orange balloons adorning the food and present tables. We had orange and black eating utensils and paper products as well. I made a diaper cake for Michelle's present and to do double duty as decoration. Here are the pictures. We used little socks for the rosettes (flower wanna be's) and some ribbon. The blanket we stuffed down the center of the cake so it wasn't too long and then stuck the bear on for a little extra something. I think it turned out cute. We've got another one at the next baby shower for a girl. I'll post some pictures. People told me they had fun at this shower and were all impressed with the decorations and execution. That's good. :) Julie and I put some effort into this. :)

3 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Looks like fun! Good job. The diaper cake turned out cute. It's a good idea to use presents as decorations, huh? Baby stuff is just cute. Good work!

Liz said...

wow, are you putting this much work into D's shower? I feel bad I haven't helped at all :( Let me know if I can do anything, sheesh I'm such a slacker.

~Michelle~ said...

LOved it! Thank you so much again. I wish I was as crafty as you are :)